Performance Testing of an IaaS Cloud Software (A Cloudstack Use Case)
In the emerging trend of cloud computing today, IAAS or Infrastructure As A Service has carved a niche for itself. There are plenty of IAAS cloud products today like CloudStack, OpenStack, Eucalyptus, etc…This presentation offers insights into the performance testing requirements, challenges and innovative tools that could be used for performance testing of an IAAS cloud product taking CloudStack as an example. CloudStack is an open source IAAS solution to deploy and manage public, private or hybrid clouds. It offers compute orchestration, manages network and storage nodes, offers user and account management, native API support along with resource and usage accounting.
- Technology landscape of IAAS cloud provider of late
- What kind of performance data do you need to look for in a new deployment of an IAAS cloud / fine tuning an existing IAAS cloud
- Innovative tools to achieve production scale test beds in a cloud
- Where do you start and stop looking for performance bottlenecks in an IAAS cloud product
- Quality base lining and reporting